CME/CE Expiration Date: 9/01/2020*
*The expiration date listed above is the last day CME/CE credit can be claimed for this specific presentation.
Description: The Fall Obesity Summit combines the latest in scientific research with clinical applications to provide you with advanced, in-depth training on treating obesity and obesity-related conditions.
The Obesity Medicine Association is accreditated by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The OMA designates this enduring material internet activity for a maximum of 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
September 15, 2017
September 01, 2020 11:55 PM
San Antonio, TX
- Gain knowledge in how ghrelin resistance influences the clinical management of obesity
- Effectively utilize the Pediatric Obesity Algorithm for enhanced understanding of pediatric obesity and for evaluating, treating and management of children and adolescents affected by obesity
- Partner with bariatric surgeons to establish a care continuum to help surgical patients maintain their weight loss long-term
- Interact more confidently with patients in regards to their individual weight and health problems associated with obesity
- Understand the metabolic and hormonal pathways associated with sedentary behavior
- Understand and recognize obesity as a disease state, and more effectively diagnose, evaluate, and treat the disease of obesity
- Incorporate technology related to behavior modification into individualized treatment plans
- Safely include alternate day fasting as part of a dietary prescription
- Learn about the concept of mindful eating as a behavioral tool and apply this in treatment programs where viable
- Become aware of one’s own possible biases with regard to overweight and obesity in order to improve communications with patients. Provide prudent recommendations to patients about artificial sweeteners and use evidence-based logic in determining whether or not to include these in dietary prescriptions
- Understand the pathophysiology of psychotropic medications and their impact on weight
- Understand neuroendocrine mechanisms of eating and how eating is regulated by metabolic and hedonic needs in the normal physiological state and in obesity