The Principles of Obesity Medicine package provides a foundation for understanding the treatment of obesity medicine and employing therapuetic interventions such as nutrition, medication, physical activity, and behavior. This foundation will provide further confidence in interacting with patients in regard to their individual weight and health issues associated with obesity.
*Note: Lectures in the Principles of Obesity Medicine do overlap with the Prep Bundle for the ABOM Exam
The presentations within the Principles of Obesity Medicine can be purchased together as a series, or individually by session:
- To purchase the entire series, click the Add to Cart button located directly below the pricing, and proceed to checkout.
- To purchase sessions within the series, click the Purchase Individual Sessions¯ option and select the check boxes below the session(s) you would like to purchase. Once sessions are selected, an additional Add to Cart button will appear below the number of sessions selected, to the right of your screen, as well as at the bottom of the page. Click the Add to Cart¯ button and proceed to checkout.
The Obesity Medicine Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The OMA designates this enduring material internet activity for a maximum of 33 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
January 25, 2017
January 01, 2020 11:55 PM
- Promote the prevention of obesity, and advocate for those patients who suffer from obesity
- Maintain competence in providing pre-, peri-, and post-surgical care of bariatric surgery patients
- Understand the treatment of obesity and the genetic, biologic, environmental, social, and behavior factors that contribute to obesity
- Employ therapeutic interventions including diet, physical activity, behavior change, and pharmacotherapy
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)ā„¢: 33.00
Participation Credit(s): 33.00
This presentation is no longer available for purchase.