The Fall Obesity Summit addresses clinical topics relevant to what's happening in the field of obesity medicine right now. If you're a health care professional who encounters obesity in your practice, don't miss this opportunity to gain practical tips from experienced obesity medicine clinicians.
The presentations within 2016 Fall Obesity Summit can be purchased together as a series, or individually by session:
- To purchase the entire series, click the Add to Cart button located directly below the pricing, and proceed to checkout.
- To purchase sessions within the series, click the Purchase Individual Sessions option, and select the check boxes below the session(s) you would like to purchase. Once sessions are selected, an additional Add to Cart button will appear below the number of sessions selected, to the right of your screen, as well as at the bottom of the page. Click the Add to Cart button and proceed to checkout.
The Obesity Medicine Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The OMA designates this enduring material internet activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
September 23, 2016
August 15, 2019 11:55 PM
- Understand obesity as a disease state
- Effectively design an individualized treatment plan for patients affected by overweight or obesity
- Interact more confidently with patients in regards to their individual health issues associated with obesity
- Increase knowledge about the latest in obesity research, including controversial topics, by reviewing the evidence available
- Understand biological and metabolic adaptions after weight loss and adjust treatment accordingly
- Effectively communicate with patients and fellow medical practitioners about obesity and overweight
- Address treatment aspects in pediatric obesity to provide learners involved with this unique population with tangible options for clinical application
- Assess cardiovascular risk utilizing advanced lipidology and biomarkers
- Gain knowledge and competence in some of the key pillars of comprehensive medical obesity treatment (nutrition, physical activity, behavior, and medication): specifically:
-counsel patients about smoking cessation and weight
-incorporate motivational interviewing into appointments to overcome barriers to patient adherence
-Understand the concept of food addiction and obtain tools to address it
-prescribe appropriate amounts of protein in dietary treatment and understand the science and rationale behind the higher focus on the use of this macronutrient
-educate patients about the impact of processing and cooking foods
-prescribe optimal pharmacologic interventions for dyslipidemia when lifestyle intervention is not enough