The Review Course for the ABOM Exam addresses clinical topics physicians need to know for the American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM) certifciation exam. If you're a physician planning to take the exam, use this opportunity to sutdy for the exam.
The presentations within 2016 Review Course for the ABOM Exam can be purchased together as a series, or individually by session:
- To purchase the entire series, click the Add to Cart button located directly below the pricing, and proceed to checkout.
- To purchase sessions within the series, click the Purchase Individual Sessions¯ option, and select the check boxes below the session(s) you would like to purchase. Once sessions are selected, an additional Add to Cart button will appear below the number of sessions selected, to the right of your screen, as well as at the bottom of the page. Click the Add to Cart¯ button and
- proceed to checkout.
The Obesity Medicine Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The OMA designates this enduring material internet activity for a maximum of 12.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
September 21, 2016
October 09, 2017 12:00 AM
- Understand the treatment of obesity and the genetic, biologic, environmental, social, and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity.
- Employ therapeutic interventions including diet, physical activity, behavior change, and pharmacotherapy.
- Interact more confidently with patients in regards to their individual weight and health issues associated with obesity.
- Understand obesity as a disease state.
- Prepare learners to pass the certification examination for obesity medicine physicians.
- Maintain competence in providing pre-, peri-, and post-surgical care of bariatric surgery patients.
- Promote the prevention of obesity, and advocate for those patients who suffer from obesity.
- Prescribe a comprehensive and individualized approach to achieve optimal results for each patient (adult, adolescent, and/or child) affected by obesity.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)ā„¢: 12.50
Participation Credit(s): 12.50
This presentation is no longer available for purchase.