CME/CE Expiration Date: 04/07/2019*
*The expiration date listed above is the last day CME/CE credit can be claimed for this specific course.
Presentations within the 2016 Spring Obesity Summit Online include:
- Processed Food: An Experiment That Failed
- Practical Cognitive Behavior Therapy: The "How-to" of CBT
- Common Threads: Nutrition, Metabolism, and the Circadian Clock
- The Relationship among Sleep, Weight Gain, and Obesity-related Metabolic Disease
- Sleep Panel Discussion
- Cancer, Inflammation, and Diet
- Exercise Prescription and Application for Patients with Limited Mobility
- Short and Sweet? Pros and Cons of High-intensity Interval Training
- Physical Activity Panel Discussion
- Practical Medication Management for Obesity Treatment
- Obesity Medications
- Pharmacotherapy Panel Discussion
- Endoscopic Bariatric Therapies
- Pediatric Obesity in Minority Populations: Genetics, Environment, or Culture?
- The Western Diet and Immunity
- Effects of PPI Use on Gut Microbiota and How This Affects Obesity
April 08, 2016
March 08, 2019 11:55 PM
- Effectively design an individualized treatment plan for patients affected by overweight or obesity.
- Increase knowledge about the latest in obesity research, including controversial topics, by reviewing the evidence available.
- Effectively communicate with patients as well as fellow medical practitioners about obesity and overweight.
- Apply relevant elements of the Obesity Algorithm when preparing treatment plans for patients.
- Interact more confidently with patients in regards to their individual health issues associated with obesity.
- Understand obesity as a disease state.
- Ensure that the pillars of comprehensive medical obesity treatment (nutrition, physical activity, behavior, and medication) are addressed.
- Obtain awareness of the anorectic drugs (and combination options) in current obesity research and clinical trials.
- Understand the evidence and application of new medical devices (approved and in development) that may be used for obesity treatment.
- Address treatment aspects in pediatric obesity to provide learners involved with this unique population tangible options for clinical application.
- Counsel patients using cognitive behavioral therapy for obesity treatment.
- Prescribe anti-obesity medications (and combination options) for the treatment of obesity, understanding the evidence for the efficacy, safety, and risks (based on all currently approved medications).
- Address emotional drivers behind patient adherence to prescribed plans.
- Prescribe individualized physical activity plans for patients based on limitations they may have with their mobility or environment.
- Understand the impact of sleep on body weight regulation and obesity risk.
- Understand the evidence behind the impact of processed foods in the typical American Diet, in order to better educate patients.
- Understand the evidence behind and potential effectiveness of current endoscopic bariatric therapies that have recently been approved or are being developed.
- Understand the effect of proton pump inhibitor use on obesity and gut microbiota.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s): 15.00
Participation Credit(s): 15.00
This presentation is no longer available for purchase.